David

Henry

Jack

Katie

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Henry is Eight!


My sweet baby Henry turned eight this week.  
I cannot believe he is already so big.  


Last year when he turned seven I wrote about how terrified I was of Henry when he was born.  That is completely true.  I was so afraid that I couldn't or wouldn't be a good enough mother to take care of two babies at the same time.  Little did I know, that was the easy part!  Someone should have told me that it only gets harder as they get older.  I still worry every day that I'm not a good enough mother for this crew, but Henry makes me feel like I am.   


Henry is a wonderful child - compassionate, caring, silly, smart, fun, obedient (for the most part), happy, eager, funny, witty, energetic, delightful, and proud.  He has not changed a tiny bit in his sweet personality since the day he was born.  I really think that Henry knew that I needed him to be a good boy literally when he was born, because there have been very, very few challenging moments with Henry through his little life.  He is an incredible boy, and I am so lucky to get to be his mama.  I wish every parent had a child like Henry. 

The birthday cake photo is my favorite every year!

Because we took our birthday trip to Atlanta, we did not have a friend party this year.  On his birthday he brought cupcakes to school to share with his class.  He also had a baseball game that night, so we brought cupcakes to the game for his team to share, and his team sang him happy birthday.  Saturday we had our family over for dinner and a little celebration.


Henry wanted burgers for his dinner, so we made some hamburgers, buffalo turkey burgers, cheesy grilled potato packets, asian salad, and of course cake!



He got his long awaited, desperately coveted, iPod for his birthday, and he's barely put it down.  He loves it.  He also got some iTunes gift cards and a fun Lego set.  He had a lovely birthday, and I am in denial that he is eight.  Happy birthday happy Henry!

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean, Aidan turns 10 tomorrow and I am in total denial and shock! Where does the time go? Happy birthday sweet Henry!

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your comments!