David

Henry

Jack

Katie

Monday, May 7, 2012

7 Days to Go - Weekend Roundup


Seven days until I leave to pick up our little pumpkin!

We had a great weekend, and it was totally low key.


Saturday morning, David, Jack, and I had a breakfast picnic (Yes, their breakfast of choice was popcorn.  Don't judge.) on the porch as we watched the runners from the Strolling Jim 40 mile run go past our house.  Jack was so cute screaming for them, "Good job!  Run fast!  You can do it!  Woohoo!"  And we are at approximately 3/4 of a mile into the run.  Into the FORTY MILE run.  I hope they held onto that encouragement, because it was about 90 degrees on Saturday and very humid.  Not ideal conditions for running forty miles.


David and Henry did some snuggling and watched some stuff on the iPad.  I love to find them like this.  Later that day, I saw them walking through a store holding hands.  I know those days are likely coming to an end soon, so it's bittersweet when I see it.  And encouraging, because David is not the most caring, empathetic of children.  To watch him snuggling and love Henry makes my heart happy.


Saturday we ran some errands and came home to find this on the porch.



It was a huge box addressed to "Miss Katie Simpson", from my friend Michele.


Inside?  TONS of hand-me-downs from Michele's little girl Maggie.

I was in heaven.  I love a hand-me-down like nobody's business.


There were tons of clothes!


These bags were full of shoes and socks.

Thank you Michele and Maggie!!


We've set up a sweet little yellow toddler bed for Katie.

She has her own room, but she's never in her little life slept in her own room, so we've put a toddler bed in our room to help her transition.  


I got the cutest bedding on Craigslist, and it was $5.00 for the entire set.  It's in perfect, like new condition, and I love it.  There's something about tiny little toddler sheet sets that makes me very happy.

And I will admit, having this bed in our room is very, very convenient.  Jack wasn't feeling well over the weekend and was up several times coughing.  Finally I just put him in this bed, and he went right to sleep.  Sometimes being near the mama and daddy is all it takes.



Do you remember this chair I got at a consignment sale?  It's had a makeover.

Yellow is obviously the new color I'm in love with.



A few coats of a bright, happy yellow and this puppy is good to go.

And Katie may need to fight Jack for it, because he drags it from her spot at the table to his, every. single. time he eats now.  Needless to say, I'm on the lookout for another similar chair for him.

Have a happy Monday!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you!!!! Coutning down...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those sweet boys of yours! And I love that picture of your table with Katie's spot already allocated. She's a member of a family--with her very own place at the table. Gives me chills!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness the sweetness of those boys holding hands. Savor the moments! Love the yellow bed and chair and Katie will too. Counting down with you! Can't wait for next week!

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your comments!