David

Henry

Jack

Katie

Friday, March 30, 2012

Two Down, Six to Go

Just FYI, if you get a week's notice to fly 6,000 miles to visit with the child you've been trying for almost a year to adopt and to go to court in her country to be awarded custody of her, that week will probably fly by.  I'm just saying. . . 

We have six days until we leave.  And our flight out is at 6:00 in the morning.  As in, it leaves at 6:00 in the morning.  So we will need to get up at o'dark thirty that day to get to the airport.  Have I mentioned that I'm working until the day before we leave?  And working a lot to try to get everything situated before I go.  We'll get it all done though, I have no doubt.  This weekend I plan to knock out everything on my to-do list, and we'll be in great shape.


My little Oompa Loompa!


My little Oompa Loompa had his play debut last night, and he did an AMAZING job!


I am so, so proud of him for trying out, practicing so hard, doing such a great job, not getting scared, and for really genuinely enjoying it so much.


This is such huge progress for him, and I am so glad he participated.  I really think it's been an enormous confidence booster for him.


The play was Willy Wonka, Jr., and it was cute.  The kids all did a really great job.  I love our school, and all of the things they have for the kids to participate in.


His final performance is tonight!  This weekend?  A birthday surprise for the Oompa Loompa and getting the rest of our donations and gifts for our trip!

1 comment:

  1. I love your o'dark in the morning comment! I am so thrilled for you!! We'll be praying for an easy court appearance.

    Kelly
    http://extra-chromosomes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your comments!