David

Henry

Jack

Katie

Monday, February 4, 2013

Down on the Farm


Chris' parents live on the farm on which my father-in-law grew up.  We don't get there nearly enough, and we spent the day there on Sunday.  My kids were outside nearly all day, running, playing, rolling down hills, climbing into their tree house, getting dirty, and having a fabulous time.


Of course I had to take everyone's picture . . . Someday they will all be thankful that I insist on taking pictures every.single.time. we do something.  Someday.



My father-in-law has had some health related issues in the last year, so being able to spend time with them seems even more special to me now.  He looooves those children we have so much, and it's great to see them playing on the farm with him.

Excuse me, when did they get so big and grown up?  Make.It.Stop.

These jokers were, of course, attached at the hip all day long.  And desperately need haircuts!  They are getting so big.  And I can completely see in this picture why everyone thinks they're twins!  I guess I don't see how much they look alike when they're right in front of me.  Chris was looking at some old pictures while we were there, and he found one of him with his dog when he was a child.  He showed it to Henry and Henry said, "Wait, is that me?"  Henry looks so much like Chris did as a child - it's uncanny.


It was an absolutely gorgeous day.  A big change from the snowy cold weather of the day before!


This little muffin had so much fun at the farm that at 5:30 after her dinner and a quick bath she came to me, pointed to herself, said, "Katie," and signed sleep.  She was in bed, fast asleep, before 6:00!


I hope you had a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to read your comments!