Monday, November 28, 2011

Keeping Our Heads Up

I am trying so hard not to be discouraged.  Although we found out today that our documents will be sent to Katie's country by Friday, we also found out today that we will very likely not travel for our first trip until February.  That's a month later than we were anticipating.  And I know - it's just a month.

It's a month longer that we have to wait to see this girl.
It's a month longer that she has to be in an orphanage instead of at home with us.
But, it's just a month.
We have done everything we can to get our paperwork done as fast as we can.  
Now, we wait.
We raise more money.
We apply for grants.
And we wait.
I will not get discouraged, and I will not be pessimistic about it.
We will celebrate Christmas and know that next year she will be here with us.
And we will wait.


  1. Wish some how it could have been different. Praying for our girls to know they are loved while we wait.

    Carlene's soon to be momma :)

  2. Awww... :( You are getting soo close though!!!


We love to read your comments!