David

Henry

Jack

Katie

Friday, December 2, 2011

Come on Santa


I made this stocking for Katie last night.
It's a stocking from the Dollar Tree, and I made the Matroyshka doll from a very easy pattern and template I found here.  I admit I cheated a bit - the flowers are pre-made pins/hair clips I found at Hobby Lobby for $1.99 each.  I don't really plan on this being Katie's stocking forever, so I can take the flowers off and put them in her hair or on a sweater or shirt.  The doll was SUPER easy to make, and this is a very inexpensive way to make a cute stocking.  If I had made the flowers instead of purchasing pre-made versions I think the whole stocking would have cost about $3 or $4.  Some come on Santa!  Katie's stocking is ready.

I'm also going to use the pattern to make something similar to this for her room. 


I can't decide if I'm going to make this using scrapbook papers or fabric. . . I like this version from Etsy, but it's about $70.  I don't like it that much!


1 comment:

  1. I would use paper, and silk flowers will be so cute instead of cut outs, like the buttons...I am sure you could make this for $10-$15...So cute, cant wait for the final project.

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your comments!