David

Henry

Jack

Katie

Monday, January 21, 2013

Menu Planning Monday

I'm really trying to plan out our meals, including breakfast and lunches, on Sundays.  This makes it so much easier for me to stick to our food budget, as well as not having to rush every morning to get lunches and breakfast together or get a text at 4:30 from Chris every afternoon that reads, "Any ideas for dinner?"  I use a printable weekly calendar from TomKat Studio which you can find here.

This week our dinners will be:

Sunday:  Birthday party leftovers

Monday:  Balsamic pork chops, wild rice, broccoli

Tuesday:  Ribeye steaks with tomato corn salsa (I'm not making the salsa), sweet potato fries, sliced cucumbers

Wednesday:  Crustless ham and cheese quiche, sliced apples.

Thursday:  Marinated chicken tenderloins, rice, carrots

Friday:  Breakfast for dinner.  Turkey bacon, scrambled eggs, waffles, yogurt

Saturday:  Stir fry Italian sausage and sliced veggies

Some of our breakfasts will include banana bread muffins, blueberry muffins, waffles, scrambled eggs, and biscuits and sausage.  (I have a protein shake for breakfast, every day.)

Lunches are always a little chaotic.  Henry and Katie buy generally 3-5 days a week at school, depending on what's on the menu.  David and I bring our lunches every day.  Jack goes to school two days a week and likes to bring his lunch.  Chris eats at home every day.  David is a very selective eater.  I pack his lunch in a Bento box, and it's usually a mixture of just whatever we've got that he likes.  Henry and Katie will eat pretty much anything so their lunches are easy to pack.  Jack gets a peanut butter and jelly sandwich every.single.day for lunch.  I bring mine and like to bring salad a few times a week, leftovers from dinner, soups, sliced veggies and hummus...You can see why lunches are a little chaotic!  I pack as much as I can the night before (if it's a work/school night) and lay out what I'll need to make breakfast and finish packing lunches.  Needless to say, I love days off from school to give me a break from the lunchboxes!

What's to eat at your house this week?



3 comments:

  1. I signed up for an eMeals subscription (based on your FB like of their page) and LOVE it so far! We're doing the gluten free menu, but I also love that you can change menu plans once a month at no charge. We're trying it out for 3 months to see if we want to continue the subscription. I'm happy to share my 3 weeks of plans with you if you're interested! I did a two week shop at Kroger and spent $120, but we don't do breakfast (oatmeal or eggs and smoothies, mostly) and Elvis has to fend for himself on lunches

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm trying REALLY hard to get back on track with menu planning too. I used to do SO well with it - and then we had an international adoption! :) Because life is a little crazy right now, I'm trying to balance ease of meals wit quality. Thank goodness for my crockpot! Also, my microwave died last night, so I have to plan accordingly (for thawing and fixing veggies, etc.) The girls will eat most things, and Brandon takes his lunch most days.

    Here's what this week looks like:

    Last night: Shepherd's Pie Twice Baked Potatoes (http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Shepherd-s-Pie-Twice-Baked-Potatoes), spinach salad and applesauce (for the girls)

    Tonight: Clean Eating Crock Pot Chicken & Dumplings (http://www.thegraciouspantry.com/clean-eating-chicken-dumplings/) and home canned green beans

    Tuesday: Yumm Bowls (brown rice, black beans, tomatoes, avocado, jalapeno puree (for us not the girls), cheese, sour cream and yumm sauce.

    Wednesday: Baked Chicken Nuggets (http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/04/healthy-baked-chicken-nuggets.html), Oven baked French Fries, fruit or veggie

    Thursday: Crock Pot Asian Pork (http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/10/crock-pot-asian-pork-with-mushrooms.html)

    Friday: Grilled Chicken bruschetta (http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/05/grilled-chicken-bruschetta.html)& pasta

    Saturday: Crock pot chicken fajitas (http://www.stacymakescents.com/fix-and-forget-friday-crock-pot-chicken-fajitas)

    Sunday: Oregon RR get together

    Monday: Orange Topped Chops (http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/Orange-Topped-Chops), rice pilaf (http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/Almond-Rice-Pilaf)

    Tuesday: Orange Beef Stir Fry (http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/Orange-Beef-Stir-Fry-2)

    Saturday breakfast will be crescent breakfast bake and fruit, Sunday will probably be oatmeal and toast before church. Going to make some pumpkin banana muffins for snacks and weekday breakfasts later today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blog, thanks for sharing your beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your comments!