David

Henry

Jack

Katie

Friday, November 16, 2012

Giving Thanks, Day Fifteen - To Be A Mama


I am so thankful that I am lucky enough to be a mama.

These four little people are my world.


To think that I one time thought that I didn't want to have children or that I wouldn't be a good enough mama is crazy to me.

Now, I cannot imagine my life without them.


The instant David was placed in my arms for the first time, my life was different.  

I had a purpose.


Being a mama is the hardest thing I have ever done, and it is the best thing I have ever done.

I didn't know I was missing anything in my life until these monkeys came along.


They are loud and crazy and messy and naughty and wild and smart and perfect.


They make me want to be a better person, a better mother, a better friend, a better wife - every single day.


They are the first thing I think about when I wake up and the last thing I think about when I go to bed.


They have made me more aware, more thoughtful, more conscious, and more assertive.


They have made me more tolerant of some things and less of a lot more.  


They have shown me that I need to relax about a lot of things!


They are the best little people.  
I cannot believe that they are mine.


It makes me incredibly sad that there are so many people who are unable to be mamas, who desperately want to.


My life would be incredibly empty and lonely without these littles.


They have, without a doubt, made me a better person.

They've made me be the person I am supposed to be.

I hope I can do the same for them.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to read your comments!