David

Henry

Jack

Katie

Friday, May 11, 2012

3 Days to Go - We've Got Mail!


Three days until I leave to get miss sassy.

Today we got a package!  I love mail.  

Do you know what my favorite thing about this adoption has been?  (Well, other than Katie.  Duh.)  The amazing friends I have made, and how much I have learned about the friends I already had.  Adopting a child makes you part of a club I never knew existed.  And the members are, for the most part, the most supportive, encouraging, excited people I have met.  There are a handful of adoptive parents I've met through this process that I know I will be friends with for a long time.  

Remember my friend Kelly?  She's one of them.  Kelly is smart, generous, witty, caring, thoughtful, supportive, humble, and I'm so lucky to call her a friend.  She and her husband are the proud parents of Charlotte, who may quite possibly have the cheesiest grin in the DC Metro area.


Well Charlotte's mama sent me a travel care package today.  


It was full of goodies!



They sent us Charlotte's favorite toys from her gotcha trip - some squishy squeeky blocks and a book Polar Bear, Polar Bear, What do you Hear? that makes all kinds of animal noises, some Dove chocolates (YUM!), Milano cookies, and Cheez-Its.  It's a perfect care package!


Thank you Dirkes family!  Your treats are already packed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to read your comments!