David

Henry

Jack

Katie

Friday, November 23, 2012

Giving Thanks, Day Twenty-Two - Happy Thanksgiving!


Happy Thanksgiving!!


I am thankful for my four little turkeys.


And especially thankful this year for our newest turkey. 

We had a great Thanksgiving.


My iron is broken, so we had no special autograph tablecloth.  Sad face.

I was happy to have the remainder of our pumpkins out on the table, and of course my favorite turkey dishes!



We had a fantastic turkey!  I think it's the best one I've made.


Everyone was very interested in watching my dad carve the turkey.  


We all wrote in our thankful journal.  And I love to go back and read what everyone wrote in previous years.  In 2010 Jack wrote "I want a baby sister!"  Imagine that - wishes do come true.


We had quite a feast, with turkey, stuffing (or dressing if you're from the south!), sweet potato casserole, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, rolls, pumpkin pie, pecan tarts, fudge, chess pie, cheesecake, pumpkin gingerbread with homemade caramel sauce, and coconut rum cake.



Katie was a big fan of Thanksgiving dinner!


Imagine our surprise when we sat down for dinner and spied Theodore Thanksgiving sitting on the top of a curtain rod in the dining room!  The boys were screaming with excitement.  And Katie screamed right along, because she thought she should be excited too, although she didn't quite understand why.


We played outside in the 70 degree weather, had the windows open all day, went for a walk, and shot David's bee bee gun.


We had a great day and have much for which we are thankful.




Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to read your comments!