David

Henry

Jack

Katie

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Ten


TEN more days until we leave!

We had our travel call last night with our facilitator.  We talked about what to expect while we're there, and what sort of timeline we're looking at once we're home, between our first trip and our court trip.  

Because our court dossier has already been sent to Katie's country, we could be back for court in as little as 4-8 weeks.  Assuming all goes well, we would return for a third trip 30 days later.  That could possibly bring Katie home to the U.S. as soon as May or June.  Her birthday is in June, so that would be FANTASTIC.  I don't want to get my hopes up though, and we're trying to remain very realistic about the process.  If she comes home in June, that would be one year from start to finish. 

David has strep throat.  I'm keeping him essentially quarantined, because I don't want Chris or me to get it before we leave.  He has been home from school for two days, and he'll go back on Thursday.  And I will be at the doctor at the first sign of any illness before our trip!

I had a fabulous surprise at work today when someone came with sixty toothbrushes and tubes of toothpaste for us to bring for the kids in Katie's baby house.  These are MUCH needed, and I am so excited to bring them.  

I also found out today that a family about 4 hours from us is working hard to bring home a little girl from Katie's baby house who also has Down syndrome and is the same age as Katie. I would so love for our families to get together after the girls are home so they can see one another again.  I sent a message to the other mama, and that's something we're both interested in.

TEN more days!!!

1 comment:

  1. WAHOOO!!!! 10 DAYS?! ITS GETTING SO CLOSE!!! YAY...so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your comments!